On Friday, 05/22/2015, the Official Journal No. 35/2015 published the Regulation on animal by-products not intended for human consumption. Regulation shall enter into force on the 15th day following its publication in the Official Journal.
The provisions of the Regulation lay down detailed rules concerning:
- use and disposal of sheared sheep wool and hair, and products derived therefrom;
- the role and the registration of operators, establishments or plants;
- the application and approval of procedures for establishments or plants;
- the application, the process and additional conditions for the authorization of derogations for the use, transport or disposal of ABP and derived products;
- the procedure for the approval of the equipment and the control of the dispatch of certain ABP and derived products between EU MS;
- the procedure for import and transit of trade samples and display items and certain substances for the purposes outside the feed chain.
Articles No. 3, 6, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 27 have detailed rules and variations of untreated sheep's wool.